Last year was the first year we had single person entries and we had an incredible experience! We took 8 improvisers from around the country and put them together on a team. They put on an amazing show and became amazing friends. This year we are going to make Single Riders bigger and better and “friendsier” than ever.
Our Single Riders will be selected by our Festival Committee based on improv experience, love of improv, diversity, and location. Once selected we will group you together so you can get connected before you arrive. We will help you arrange housing with someone from our ensemble or with some sweet hotel discounts! You will arrive by Friday February 16th for a 2 hour workshop with one of our veteran ensemble teaching staff. Then you participate in planned activities, see shows, attend after parties and enjoy America’s Finest City, San Diego!
I absolutely loved the Single Rider program last year. I had just moved to a new city and was still finding my improv teams. It was great not to have to sit out a great festival just because I didn’t have a festival team yet. We got a couple hours of rehearsal time with someone from Finest City to develop our format and our mash-up show was so much fun! Our mash up group was composed of people from all over the country. We loved our experience so much and the time we spent performing together that we are now applying to other festivals as a team! I wish every improv festival would offer the same opportunity for singles!Coonoor Behal
How To Enter:
Tell us why you want to be a part of the San Diego Improv Festival. What do you love about improv? What is your improv background?
- The committee will select up to 8 improvisers based on your entry, diversity, location, and passion!
- If selected you will have a two hour coaching workshop with one of our veteran teachers on Friday, February 16th.
- Participate in planned group activities.
- Be first on our exchange housing dorm plan, where we partner you with one of our community members for free housing. You are also more than welcome to make your own housing arrangements, including discounted rooms at our onsite hotel, The Lafayette Hotel.
- Receive a performer’s pass, which provides free entry to all shows on a stand-by basis.
- If selected, a $30 fee is required to cover the workshop and other costs.
We had a super fun night in the “Lover’s Lounge” last night (aka the ballroom next to the theatre). We jammed, we danced, we took photos, we wrote valentines and palentines, we ate pizza, and of course we drank.
Come join us tonight whether you have a ticket to a show or not! We are there from 6-11pm and then we move to Gilly’s for karaoke!!!